Our Babies!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sick boy:(

Poor Cameron is sick. He had no symptoms until yesterday and that was just a runny nose. This morning he woke up with a fever and I could tell he felt awful. So, instead of going for our well check-up today we went for a sick visit. He has another ear infection. Just one ear is infected but I still hate it. This makes #3 and the doctor continues to reassure me that 2-3 ear infections in a child's first 2 years of life is the average in the winer time; however, I am a speech therapist and hearing is very important so I am very cautious. He hasn't had an infection in both ears though so that is good. The first one was in the left ear, the second one was in the right ear, and this one is in the left ear again. So I guess the ears are taking turns. Anyway, I hope he starts to feel better tomorrow. It's so horrible when your baby cries and screams and you don't know what to do or you just can't fix it!Lookin' rough!
Poor thing is also drooling. I guess he is getting his 1 year molars.
Playing with his birthday balloons. One of the few happy moments today:(
Cute smile despite watery eyes, runny nose, and lots of drooling!

2 comments:

The Girberts said...

Poor Cameron!! The winter Eli was a year old he was sick every time we turned around. I think he had three or four ear infections that year and I was just as concerned as you. His doctor said the same thing. He hadn't had another ear infection until a few weeks ago. I guess their little bodies need to develop their immune systems. I hope he feels better soon!! And I hope you feel better, too! It is rough when you feel so helpless with a sick child.

P.S. Thanks for the anniversary card!!

Michael & Joe Joe said...

It sounds like malaria...

That boy is a boy now huh? What happened to the baby?