Thursday, March 27, 2008
"More"!!!
So, as a speech therapist, I use sign language a lot to get kids to start communicating. So, I have also been using it with Cameron to decrease some of his frustration in trying to communicate as well as ours so we will know what he wants. Since he was about 6 months old, we have used several signs like "more", "done", "eat", "hurt", "help", etc. with him. I went to pick him up at the babysitter's yesterday and I asked the sitter for some more milk so we could take it with us. And low and behold I look at Cameron and he is signing "more"! I didn't even show him the sign or ask to him to say "more", he just did it. I swear he's been holding out on us. He's also talking a lot more and I think he says about 10 words consistently as well as a few animal sounds. Oh, and he can point to his nose, ears, and teeth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment